Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Give Back to Your Fans


Last week I was surfing the web for tickets to sing along with Jason Mraz at the Hollywood Bowl, unfortunately for me they were sold out. I was so upset and nearly cried. Okay, maybe I'm overacting but I hoped Craigslist would be my ticket savior. I didn't care if all I found was one ticket and had to go alone. To my disappointment tickets were going for $85 to $500, yes $500 (they went on sale for $22). I think there's something wrong with people who rip off die-hard fans such as myself but, that's a whole other blog. I decided to search the internet for a more reasonable deal. Luckily, I came across a blog that mentioned Jason's Mraz's announcement to perform a free show in his hometown, San Diego, on October 11th. I thought no way, a free show-there has to be a catch. I went on Jason Mraz's website and there it was, right in front of me, that very special word that we all love so much, "FREE."



As my blood rushed to my head and I nearly fell out of my chair, I quickly read through the announcement. Reserved seats would be $1, lawn seats (all 10,000 of them) would be free, VIP tickets would start at $75, and 30 orchestra tickets with a meet and greet would be auctioned off on Sept 26th at 10am. All auction proceeds will go towards The Surfrider Foundation. The concert is dedicated to helping other charities such as VH1 Save the Music and San Diego Youth Services. This is a very generous act from Jason Mraz who already performed in San Diego on his tour and was suppose to close the night before in Los Angeles.

But, what does this really say about Jason Mraz? For one, he values his loyal fans especially the one's who helped him start his career, he acknowledges his fans and expresses this by giving back to them, and he wants to create and maintain positive relationships with fans. He also believes in causes and by sharing this with fans he develops an emotional connection, making them even more loyal. Jason Mraz not only supports the eco-system but encourages eco-friendly actions by offering incentives. In addition to offering a free show that benefits charities, parking will also be free for fans who carpool with 3 or more.

Indeed, I did get tickets for Jason Mraz's San Diego show and yes they were free! I couldn't be happier to see him live in my hometown. As Jason Mraz would say , "I'm Yours," he won me over with this and I will forever be a grateful and loyal fan!


I highly recommend playing on Jason Mraz's website if you haven't already: http://www.jasonmraz.com/#

The Surfrider Foundation is a non-profit environmental organization dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of the world’s oceans.

VH1 Save the Music is a non-profit organization dedicated to restoring instrumental music education in American public schools

San Diego Youth Services is an organization that has worked to stabilize the lives of over 500,000 homeless, runaway, and abused and at-risk youth in the San Diego area.

Monica Camacho, Jr. Strategic Planner

4 comments:

Rene_G_Salinas said...

I remember when I first heard Jason. It was early last year, I was hanging out with my friend and he called the radio station "Sunday Night Slow James" to dedicate "Im Yours" to the love of his life.

Jessica Ramos said...

I love Jason... thanks Mo!

Monica Camacho said...

@ Rene, aww that''s a sweet story. I have his album if you want a copy.

@ Jess, you're welcome!

Liz C said...

luv it.. luv Jason. totally checking out the site... thanx!